Squawking 1200

Non-aviation topics of interest and discussion.

1. PIMP MY VIGILANTE! A past kitbash all y'all might appreciate!

by , 10-29-2010 at 09:21 PM (The Chicken Works: The Aviation Art of JP Santiago)
    This was one of my favorite kitbash projects of all time. I used the ARII 1/144 scale RA-5C Vigilante kit as the basis for what a modernized heavy attack Vigilante might look like. I won first in the scale back around 2001 at the North Central Texas IPMS show.

Overview shot. Basically it has the following features:

-Reprofiled nose radome for the terrain-following/attack radar ...
  2. Secret UDF variant has come to light!

by , 03-31-2010 at 09:44 PM (The Chicken Works: The Aviation Art of JP Santiago)
    With the renewed interest in open rotor propulsion technology, it was only a matter of time before I dug up one of my old Photoshop mashups from years ago:

It started out as a bit of a whim from a forum joke and well, you know how aviation geeks are. It just sorta became one of Airlinebuzz's de facto mascots.
    Tags: udf Add / Edit Tags
    Categories
    Squawking 1200
  3. Caught in the Act!

by , 07-11-2009 at 09:52 PM (The Chicken Works: The Aviation Art of JP Santiago)

This was taken back in April by a fellow forum member from the Texas Photo Forum who I've gotten keyed in on Founders' Plaza (thanks Mark!). He stopped by on his lunch hour from work to check the place out for the first time and was suitably impressed with place.

In addition to my aviation art I also indulge in aviation photography. I haven't posted much recent stuff here on my blog since ...
  4. A new blog in the near future...

by , 12-29-2008 at 09:16 PM (The Chicken Works: The Aviation Art of JP Santiago)
    I can't give any firm dates as of yet, but all y'all are getting a heads up on a new and improved blog for The Chicken Works as well as a more function site devoted just to the artwork. I hopefully can provide more firm details as the "go live" date approaches more closely.
    Categories
    Squawking 1200
  5. A Fathers' Day Special: "Ten Simples Rules for Dating My Daughter"

by , 06-15-2008 at 11:13 PM (The Chicken Works: The Aviation Art of JP Santiago)
    Rule One: If you pull into my driveway and honk you'd better be delivering a package, because you're sure not picking anything up.

Rule Two: You do not touch my daughter in front of me. You may glance at her, so long as you do not peer at anything below her neck. If you cannot keep your eyes or hands off of my daughter's body, I will remove them.

Rule Three: I am aware that it is considered fashionable for boys of your age to wear their trousers so loosely that they
    Categories
    Squawking 1200
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast