The Chicken Works: The Aviation Art of JP Santiago

1. Cracking into the big leagues...

by , 09-30-2007 at 01:07 AM (The Chicken Works: The Aviation Art of JP Santiago)
    The German aviation magazine Flieger Revue has a quarterly supplement to the regular periodical and in Extra #16 in two places were my first illustrations to get published. The supplement is the Flieger Revue Extra #16 which just came out in March of this year.

In the letters to the editor section Andreas Rupprecht, the author I've been working with, sent them two of my fantasy Il-96 profiles in Interflug's two liveries:

2. How to Hide an Airplane Factory

by , 09-29-2007 at 06:03 PM (The Chicken Works: The Aviation Art of JP Santiago)
    From the Think or Thwim blog comes an impressive set of black and white images from the Second World War showing how the Lockheed Plant A-1 at Burbank, California was camouflaged to protect it from air attack.

(EDIT: Image removed)

Above is the plant in its unadorned form with the south end of Runway 33 visible at the bottom of the image. The images come from Cal State University at Northridge's Oviatt Library Digital Image Collection.

The other images ...
    Categories
    Tails Through Time
  3. So this is the Blogosphere?

by , 09-29-2007 at 04:47 PM (The Chicken Works: The Aviation Art of JP Santiago)
    So is there some sort of protocol that one follows in inaugurating a blog?

"Hi, welcome to my blog!"

Nahhhhh.

"Attention bloggers, I have arrived!"

Yeah, right.

Should it be profound? Witty? Offbeat? Maybe the direct approach is best-

This is where I'll be posting news regarding my aviation artwork as well as random musings on a regular basis. I'm hoping that this will eventually replace
    Categories
    Squawking 1200
Page 46 of 46 FirstFirst ... 36444546