Most Popular Blogs

1. Meeting a legend

by , 09-30-2007 at 09:04 AM (The Chicken Works: The Aviation Art of JP Santiago)
    In this previous entry I had talked about my artwork of a very special series of Braniff International charter flights in December of 1969.

On 20 January of this year Forrest Tohill (a good friend who provided invaluable assistance in creating the artwork of the Peace on Earth charter flights) introduced me to the last surviving Braniff captain from that first flight. There were three Braniff captains who flew that first Peace on Earth charter flight and Capt. George Phillips is the
  2. Braniff International 707-320C (Panagra Yellow)

by , 10-01-2007 at 12:16 AM (The Chicken Works: The Aviation Art of JP Santiago)

Braniff International Airways | Boeing 707-327C | N7098 Panagra Yellow colors | December 1969
    • Depicts one of Braniff's long-range 707-327Cs that were used to support the Military Airlift Command's trooping/cargo charters to Southeast Asia during the Vietnam War.
    • When not flying a PAC-MAC charter out of Travis AFB in California, the aircraft operated regular BI passenger services.
    • Preview
  3. North American F-108 Rapier (Hypothetical prototype rollout colors)

by , 10-01-2007 at 12:23 AM (The Chicken Works: The Aviation Art of JP Santiago)

North American F-108 Rapier | Hypothetical prototype roll out colors | 1961
    • Canceled before being built amidst doubts of the Soviet bomber threat, the Rapier was a powerful Mach 3 interceptor that shared many of the same systems as the XB-70 Valkyrie.
    • Depicts the Rapier as the prototype might have looked had it been built and rolled out circa 1961 from North American's Palmdale facility.
    Tags: f-108 Add / Edit Tags
    Categories
    Aviation Art
  4. Impressive engine test run

by , 10-01-2007 at 11:45 AM (The Chicken Works: The Aviation Art of JP Santiago)
    Came across these impressive shots on the Internet- they're pics of a test bench J58 turbojet engines- those are the type of Pratt & Whitney engines used on the SR-71 Blackbird.

This and the next two pics are from the last run up of a J58 engine at Edwards AFB. Apparently NASA, as one of the last operators of the Blackbird, had amassed about 40-50 J58s as engine spares and some of
    Tags: nasa, sr-71 Add / Edit Tags
    Categories
    Random Flights
  5. Area 51/Janet Airways box design

by , 10-01-2007 at 11:51 AM (The Chicken Works: The Aviation Art of JP Santiago)

The 1/400 scale diecast company Gemini Jets came out with a nice scale model of the Janet Airways employee shuttle that takes workers back and forth between Las Vegas and the Groom Lake test facility. They opened up a contest to let collectors vote on box designs submitted by fellow collectors.

This was last summer and I was honored to have garnered the most votes with my box design pictured
Page 1 of 20 12311 ... LastLast